The International Sports Heritage Association (ISHA) has established the Special Project Grant, supported through the Founders Fund, to provide financial assistance up to $2,000 for a project that supports museum activities intended to address at least one of the following priorities within the organization:
- Increase collection capacity
- Increase public access
- Improve documentation
- Increase awareness
- Improve preservation
- Increase interpretation
- The grant is open to all regular institutional members of ISHA.
- Preference will be given to those with the most financial need.
- This grant is envisioned to support projects between $500 and $2,000. However, projects with larger budgets where the ISHA grant of $2,000 provides significant support will be considered.
- Necessary equipment is an eligible expense. Funds may not be used for deficits/debt retirement, purchase of artifacts or ongoing operations.
- Applicants may receive a maximum of one (1) Special Project Grant within a five- (5) year period.
- A grant will be awarded only once for any specific topic within an organization.
The deadline for 2023 applications is March 31, 2023.