The 2013 ISHA Conference provided numerous opportunities to build relationships, tour other facilities, and learn from the experts how to more effectively design and operate sports halls of fame and/or museums. As your professional association we’re committed to providing you with a strong, relevant conference that responds to your needs. We’re pleased to share that the results of the Post-Conference Survey indicated the conference successfully achieved its goals:
- 94% of survey respondents plan to attend this year’s conference in Nashville.
- 100% said they planned to attend a future ISHA conference.
- 100% of respondents who attended the conference rated it very good to excellent overall
- The most important factors influencing the decision to attend were
- Desire to meet and network with colleagues
- Topics/speakers and the educational content of the program
- Dates of the conference
- 75% of attendees made the decision to attend the conference six months to a year before the conference. So you should consider making your plans for the 2014 Conference in Nashville very soon.
- Respondents indicated that the topics they would most like to learn more about were:
- Emerging technologies
- How to engage Hall of Famers
- Educational and special event planning
- Marketing initiatives
Thank you to those of you who responded to the survey. Ensuring that the ISHA conference provides content to enhance your operations is a top priority for the association. It is a wonderful way to network with your peers, learn from others, and generate new ideas on how to better tell your story. We hope to see you at the next ISHA conference in Nashville, October 27-29, 2014.
For anyone who wonders about how other organizations deal with everything from budgeting to fundraising to exhibits and tours, please consider joining the ISHA Survey committee. Your insights would be a valuable addition in our efforts to create relevant and meaningful surveys for our membership.