ISHA Emerging Professional (Student) Membership Program
Goal: Develop a plan to attract students as emerging museum sport professionals. Goal is to have students engage and participate through professional development opportunities via our annual conference and other member benefits. This group of new members will ultimately contribute to the growth and sustainability of the International Sports Heritage Association for the future.
Student Membership – ISHA has created a new membership level to address and attract this segment and provide opportunities for student participation.
Criteria: Individual must be currently in a program (undergraduate, graduate, PhD) and provide proof of attendance at academic institution.
$50.00 Membership fee (yearly)
Conference Registration – student rates will be offered for single or multiple day attendance. College students do not have to be members of ISHA to attend daily conference sessions. Applicable daily fees are required.
Suggested Benefits for the Student:
- Networking at conference
- Internship/Job connections via ISHA website
- Access to “Members Only” area on website that has lists/contacts of all members
- Ability to participate in quarterly Hot Topic calls
- Provide student members the ability to post white papers, abstracts or thesis on ISHA website
- Ability to submit an abstract that could be presented at the annual conference (vetting process)
- A focused session at annual conference on emerging professionals with members of the Board of Directors
- Mentoring (Board of Directors, Past Presidents)