The mission of the International Sports Heritage Association is to educate, promote and support organizations and individuals engaged in the celebration of sports heritage.
ISHA offers you an opportunity to develop or expand your professional network with industry colleagues and provides a variety of vehicles for the exchange of ideas, learning, problem solving, and cooperative ventures.
Membership benefits include:
- The ISHA Annual Conference is held each fall at a member institution. The Conference offers educational seminars, workshops, round-table discussions, a trade show, facility tours and a superb opportunity to network with your peers, all at the most cost effective price possible.
- Publications include the ISHA E-Newsletter, published quarterly, which provides industry news, information on ISHA programs, and educational articles. We publish an annual Membership Directory – an excellent networking tool for communicating with colleagues. Also available to members is “Honoring our Heroes”, a publication designed to assist in the planning and development of a new sports museum or hall of fame.
- Information on your facility or business is listed in the Member Directory portion of our website and includes a live link to your home page. The general public can find information on more than 120 facilities in one convenient location. Featured ISHA members rotate regularly on various pages of the site. A Member’s Only section publishes proprietary information for members and a variety of forms and documents that can be utilized in your institution.
- Members have access to the Association’s List Serve of nearly 250 addresses. Don’t spend valuable resources “recreating the wheel” when you can reach out to fellow ISHA members to share common problems and seek workable solutions. Additionally, you can join colleagues on a toll-free Hot Topic conference call to discuss issues and topics relevant to running a successful institution.
- ISHA offers Annual Grant Programs for our regular members which support conference attendance, including one specifically to members that do not live in the United States or Canada. Another available grant or to helps fund a member institution’s special project.
- Our Online Member Survey Project conducts 3-4 surveys per year that provide useful information on trends, programs, practices, standards and innovative ideas, specific to running a Hall of Fame or Sports Museum.
- We also offer a Corporate Associate membership for businesses and consultants that cater to the sports heritage industry. Benefits include the opportunity to network and exhibit at Annual Conference Trade Show, access to the mailing list or list serve to promote your company’s products and services, a website and membership directory listing, use of our logo on your website, and access to industry survey results.
Click here to apply for/renew our Regular Membership.
Click here to apply for/renew our Associate Membership.
ISHA Now offers a special membership for emerging professionals. Please click here for information and to access the application.